Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hot Dougs: The Sausage Superstore

The line wrapped around the building...
Chef Doug...The Man Behind Everything
The Dog: Chicago Style, with all the trimmings
Foie Gras & Sauternes Duck Sausage with Foie Gras Mousse, Truffle Aioli, Fleur De Sel
Bacon and Cheddar Elk Sausage, Bacon Garlic Mayo, Raclette Cheese
Jack Daniels and Fennel Smoked Pork Sausage, Roasted Yellow Pepper Anchovy Sauce, Smoked Swiss
Duck Fat Fries

I have to admit i've read and heard about the hype about Hot Dougs from Bourdain and friends and I thought that the meat was going to be secondary to all the luxurious condiments placed on the dog. But I have to say that the meats that Doug produces are insanely delicious and some of the best I have ever tasted. The Perfect snap when bit and the condiments were a perfect compliment to each individual sausage. Bravo Doug for making the most flavorful "Gourmet" and street dogs I have ever indulged. I'm hungry now.

2 comments: